Natural hair group It’s a Natural Thang held their Summer Meet Up Saturday, July 25th. The theme of the meet up was Generations. Attendees had the opportunity to bring their children and parents to share in this experience. There was also Little Miss Natural for little girls to showcase their natural hair styles.
Goody bag with samples of Taliah Waajid™ haircare products.
Won this cute hat in a raffle. Hat courtesy of Sweet Hearted.
Purchased this natural bug repellant from Sweet T’s Beauty All Natural Bath and Body Products.
I couldn’t resist purchasing the Vanilla Sandalwood Butta from Good Body Stuff Body Scrubs Body and Butters.
Participants in Little Miss Natural.
The contents of my July ipsy Bag are:
- Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser
- OFRA Cosmetics Bliss Eyeshadow & Highlighter
- Jor’el Parker Classico
- Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm – Ruby
- tarte deluxe Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer
Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm – Ruby
tarte deluxe Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer
OFRA Cosmetics Bliss Eyeshadow & Highlighter
The contents of my July Birchbox are:
- LA FRESH® Eco-Beauty® Waterproof Makeup Remover
- Davines MINU Shampoo
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner-Black
- Stila look at me liquid lipstick – Bella
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid™
- Davines MINU hair serum
- Davines MINU Conditioner
Stila look at me liquid lipstick – Bella
Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner-Black
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, beauty subscriptions., Benefit Cosmetics, Birchbox, Davines, Dr. Jart+, haircare, LA Fresh, makeup, skincare, Stila
I took advantage of the buy one get one free sale Walgreen’s had on Shea Moisture products.
This is what I purchased.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Treatment Masque
- Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
I stuck with the Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner. I didn’t feel the need to try a different shampoo and conditioner at this time.
I started using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner during the Winter. It’s been a great addition to my haircare routine.
I’ve had my eyes on the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Growth & Restore Treatment Masque for quite some time. I’m glad Walgreen’s had this in stock.
Posted in Hair Care
Tagged conditioner, haircare, healthy hair, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, masque, natural girl heaven, natural hair, sale, Shampoo, shea butter, Shea Moisture, treatment, Walgreens
The International Natural Hair Meetup Day was held Saturday May 30, 2015. Various locations throughout the world held this event. I attended the International Natural Hair Meet Up that was held in Pittsburgh, PA. The Pittsburgh based natural hair group It’s a Natural Thang sponsored this event In addition to having wonderful vendors, this event concluded with a special presentation. The presentation was called “International Hair, The Diaspora Edition: The drum, the braid, the dance.” The presentation documented the story of African descendants and gave an account of hairstyles/headwraps and dance traditions.
My purchase from the Ujamaa Collective located in the Hill District neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA
E-MA’s Green Hair Food and Black Soap
Creative Lady Hand Crafted Hair Accessories purchase
I received a goodie bag for being one of the first 25 people who purchased a ticket to the International Natural Hair Meet Up.
Last week I attended my first High Tea with the group SYOUper Fly! SYOUper Fly! is the sister group of It’s a Natural Thang. Both of these groups are based in Pittsburgh, PA. The High Tea was held at Arnold’s Tea located at East Ohio Street on the North Side of Pittsburgh. This was a great opportunity for the ladies who attended to network and enjoy some delicious tea and treats. :)
I tried the Peach Apricot Ginger Cream tea
Glad to see I wasn’t the only one rocking a headwrap.
I kept the eyes neutral. Applied pink blush and a pink lip color.
BioRepublic Skin Care Sheet Mask Trio
- Aloe Rescue
- Green Tea Detox
- Cucumber Breeze
The contents of my June ipsy Bag are:
- treStique Mini Shadow Crayon – Venetian Gold
- J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lips Stain – Blow Your Mind
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer
- Key West Aloe Mango Moisturizing Lotion
- BioRepublic Skin Care Sheet Mask Trio
Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lips Stain – Blow Your Mind treStique Mini Shadow Crayon – Venetian Gold
The contents of my June Birchbox are:
- Sienna Naturals Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner
- Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear™ Micro Water
- COOLA SPF 50 Sport – Mango
- Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner
- Emi Jay Hair Tie
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner – Indigo
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, beauty subscription, Birchbox, Coola, Dr. Jart+, Emi Jay, haircare, makeup, Marcelle, Sienna Naturals, skincare, Skyn Iceland
The contents of my May ipsy Bag are:
- Amie Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturizer
- Briogeo Rascaro Milk ™ Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- Bellapierre® Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil – Ebony
- Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil – Ozone
- Bonus Revolution High-Color Lipgloss – Failbait and Bittersweet
Bellapierre® Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil – Ebony
Posted in Beauty
Tagged 24/7 liner, Amie, beauty, beauty subscription, Bellapierre, Brigeo, haircare, ipsy, Luxie, makeup, skincare, Urban Decay
The contents of my May Birchbox are:
- English Laundry Notting Hill Femme
- Living Proof. ® Restore Instant Repair
- W3LL People The Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara
- Living Proof. ® Restore Shampoo
- Living Proof. ® Restore Conditioner
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Water
- Naombay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, beauty subscription, Birchbox, English Laundry, haircare, Living Proof, makeup, NAOBAY, skincare, Smashbox, W3LL