I live in the Northeast section of the United States. I would have to say this past Winter was one of the coldest on record. At least I was prepared when it came to my beauty routine. The first day of Spring doesn’t matter much in my area either. It’s still get cold. March and April do have a few warm teaser days yet I’m still using my Winter beauty routine. My furnace came on earlier this month too. LOL!
- Coastal Scents Unrefined Shea Butter
- Jamaican Mango & Lime Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Rosemary
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner
- Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette
- Maybelline Lash Sensational ™ Full Fan Effect Mascara
- NYX Butter Lip Gloss – Devils Food Cake
- NYX Butter Lip Gloss – Raspberry Tart
- Elizabeth Mott You’re so Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – Glitterati
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – NC50
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural – Dark
I am not surprised I used the entire tub of the Coastal Scents Unrefined Shea Butter. This shea butter did a great job of protecting my skin from the bitter cold. I needed that extra layer of protection from the wind too.
In the past I have used shea oil to seal my ends after washing my hair. This time around I used the Jamaican Mango & Lime Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Rosemary. The JBCO made my ends less prone to breakage and helped maintain the length of my hair. I also used the JBCO as a massage oil for my scalp.
The cold temperatures and the dry heat from the furnace are the main culprits as to why my hair and scalp are so dry. The Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner will be a staple in my haircare routine.
I purchased the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette during the Holiday season. I really love this palette. It has a nice mix of neutrals, bold colors, mattes, and shimmers. Most mornings I finish doing my makeup and work. This palette is travel friendly.
The Maybelline Lash Sensational™ Full Fan Effect Mascara delivers on making my lashes long and thick. I don’t feel the need to wear false eyelashes whenever I use this mascara.
NYX Butter Lip Gloss – Raspberry Tart, NYX Butter Lip Gloss – Devils Food Cake
If you don’t already know the NYX Butter Lip Gloss is fantastic. I am never disappointed when I try a lippie from NYX. The Butter Lip Glosses have great color payoff and leave the lips moisturized.
I actually received the Elizabeth Mott You’re So Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati in the November 2014 ipsy bag. I really like the brush on this eyeliner. It was really easy to apply the eyeliner close to the lashline. I was seriously rocking the winged liner.
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural – Dark, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – NC50
Being pressed for time in the mornings I wanted something that would even out my skin tone quickly. The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish was my go to combination. The Pro Longwear Concealer provides great coverage and a little goes a long way. The Mineralize Skin Finish gave me a nice healthy glow.
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, castor oil, Coastal Scents, Elizabeth Mott, haircare, MAC, makeup, Maybelline, NYX, shea butter, Shea Moisture, Urban Decay
For me it makes perfect sense to purchase Nature’s Shea Butter products whenever they are on HauteLook. This line support fair trade and the shea butter is of high quality. The affordable prices on HauteLook are hard to resist.
The Lavender Vanilla Unrefined Whipped Shea Butter is one of my favorite scents from Nature’s Shea Butter.
I also purchased the White Tea and Shea Bundle. I really wanted to try the White Tea & Shea Anti-Aging Facial Cream. I am already using the Argan Oil from Nature’s Shea Butter as a part of my skincare routine. The face cream will make a nice addition. You can’t go wrong with the handmade soaps either. I really like these soaps since they don’t dry out my skin.
Each year I make it a point to buy myself something really nice for Mother’s Day. This year I splurged on Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics located inside the Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s. I was already planning on visiting Lush to buy more Aromaco Deodorant. I decided to try a few more items.
- Sandstone (sample)
- Stepping Stone
- Love Lettuce
I am already pleased with the effectiveness of the Aromaco Deodorant.
With the weather getting warmer in my area I wanted to try T’eo.
To be honest my feet aren’t quite Summer ready.LOL!
Megan in the Lush store recommended I should try the Avobath as a foot soak.
She recommended the Stepping Stone as well. This combination will not only sooth my feet but soften them too.
In the past I have used the Fresh Face Mask in Cupcake. The Lush I visited was completely sold out in that mask. I managed to get the last one of the Love Lettuce.
Megan also gave me a sample of the Sandstone soap to try.
Thank you Megan for all of your assistance. :)
The contents of my April ipsy Bag are:
- Essence Cosmetics Lash Princess Mascara
- Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion
- KCO Colors by Beauty Brands Cream Lipstick – Natural Born Beauty
- theBalm Cosmetics Nude Dude Eyeshadow Single – Flirty
- Mullein & Spence Mini Lip & Cheek Tint
KCO Colors by Beauty Brands Cream Lipstick – Natural Born Beauty
theBalm Cosmetics Nude Dude Eyeshadow Single – Flirty
The contents of my April Birchbox are:
- POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow – Peach Parfait Trio
- Real Chemistry Luminious 3-Minute Peel
- Paula’s Choice RESIST 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment
- Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo
- Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner
The contents of my March ipsy Bag are:
- Mary Kay At Play ® Eye Crayon – Teal Me More
- NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick – Pops
- pur lisse beauty pur delicate gentle soy milk cleanser & makeup remover
- Milani Cosmetics Color Statement Nail Lacquer – Doll Face
- Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion
NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick – Pops
Mary Kay At Play ® Eye Crayon – Teal Me More
Milani Cosmetics Color Statement Nail Lacquer – Doll Face
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, beauty subscription, butter lipstick, color statement, eye crayon, Gilchrist & Soames, ipsy, makeup, Mary Kay At Play, Milani, NYX, pur, skincare
The contents of my March Birchbox are:
- Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up
- Roloxin Lift Revitalizing Facial Masque Treatment
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Powder Spray
- derma e Evenly Radiant Brightening Day Creme
- Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Moisture Masque
Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, beauty subscription, Benefit, Birchbox, derma e, haircare, Macadamia Natural Oil, makeup, Oscar Blandi, Roloxin Lift, skincare
This is my first HauteLook purchase of 2015. I’ve been making an effort to buy things I actually need from HauteLook. They have fantastic sales and it’s easy to want to buy everything. This purchased arrived just in time too! I was almost out of argan oil and black soap. These two products have been a staple in my Winter beauty routine.
The argan oil has been a great tool to use underneath my moisturizer.
I also ordered two bars of black soap. My oldest daughter has been using the black soap as well. Now she has a bar all to herself.
I do plan on placing an order the next time Nature’s Shea Butter is on HauteLook. :)
I had $10 in Macy’s money I really wanted to use. It’s very rare I buy something from the MAC counter I actually need. LOL! Any other time I’m buying something based on impulse. This time around I purchased the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder. I use this as a setting powder. I like the coverage since it looks so natural on me.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – Dark
Before MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
After MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
The contents of my February ipsy Bag are:
- Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil
- City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain – Flirtini
- Joya Composition No.1 Parfum Oil
- ModelCo. BLUSH Cheek Powder – Peach Bellini
- Luxie Beauty Large Angeled Face Brush 504
City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain – Flirtini
ModelCo. BLUSH Cheek Powder – Peach Bellini