Figure I’d treat myself to a couple of things for my birthday. This is what I picked up from Sephora.
- NARS Blush in Outlaw
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Strumpet
I originally went to Sephora to purchase a different blush from NARS. When I saw Outlaw I immediately fell in love with it. This blush is described as a soft rose tone with golden shimmer. I can wear this blush everyday.
I completely forgot Sephora started carrying the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics line. I saw five different lip tar shades in stock. I decided on Strumpet, which is described as a deep red-burgundy. I am definitely on trend with this lip color. I’ve been seeing a lot of bold lip colors for the Fall season.
Me wearing NARS blush in Outlaw and OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet
Just a few things that caught my attention from Maybelline.
- Mastershape by Eye Studio Brow Pencil – Deep Brown
- Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow – Rich Mahogany (limited edition)
- Volum’ Express Mega Plush Mascara – Blackest Black
August was the fourth month I received a Myglam Bag and a Birchbox.
The theme of the August Myglam Bag was Endless Summer. My bag consisted of:
- Eclos plant-based beauty Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream – sample
- Eclos plant-based beauty Cellular Activator Facial Serum – sample
- Demeter Fragrance Library Roll on Perfume Oil – full size
- s.a.l.t.y cosmetics Glama-ZOID! Eye Shadow – deluxe sample
- Circus by Andrea’s Choice Nail Color in Ringmaster – full size
- Glam Gloss – full size
I really liked everything about the August Myglam Bag. I wasn’t sure how my skin was going to react to the Eclos Moisture Therapy Cream and the Cellular Facial Serum. My skin is oily and I didn’t know if the moisturizer was going to make it worse. I didn’t experience any skin issues. The Glama-ZOID eye shadow really surprised me. I looked at the color in the container and thought it was going to look chalky on me. This color was a beautiful purple shade. The Andrea’s Choice nail color got me attention as well. It’s a really bright pink color. I have other pink nail polishes yet this color still managed to be unique. If I had to pick one thing that stood out, it would be the s.a.l.t.y cosmetics Glama-ZOID eyeshadow. The color completely caught me off guard in a good way. 🙂
The theme for the August Birchbox was Beauty School. My box consisted of:
- DDF Brightening Cleanser – deluxe sample
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur – sample
- ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape sample
- Stila stay all day ™ 10-in-1 HD beauty balm, foundation & concealer – sample
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor
I wasn’t quite sure how to react when I first opened the August Birchbox. I was both excited and disappointed. The DDR Brightening Cleanser did a good job of removing dirt and makeup without drying out my skin. I’ve always liked Juicy Couture fragrances. La Fleur fragrance has a nice floral scent without being overpowering. I wish there was a bigger sample of the Stila beauty balm, foundation and concealer. The color actually matched my complexion. What stood out for me the most was the Schick Hydro Silk Razor. I have never used a razor with 5 blades before.
Here is my youngest daughter’s nail design for the month of September.
This is what she used:
Purple Panic (Neon)
Japanese Koi (Neon)
Sexy in the City
Flying Dragon (Neon)
15 Minutes of Frame
Kiss Nail Artist Skinny Tip
Revlon Nail Art
With the kids back in school that means only one thing, Summer is coming to an end. I figure now would be a good time to share my “Summer Staples”. These are the beauty products I kept reaching for again and again during the summer.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- NARS Blush – Taj Mahal
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – Martinique
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils – Rehab and Juju
- Volum’ Express® Falsies Flared Maybelline Mascara – Black
- Marabella Permanent Eyeliner Pen – Black
- Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner – Purple
- Studio Gear Lipstick – Warm and Cozy
- Buxon Big & Healthy Lip Polish – Sugar
I visited my favorite ULTA store (Homestead, PA just outside of Pittsburgh) this past weekend.I had the pleasure of meeting the Regional Manager for Urban Decay. Her name is Di (short for Diane). I was trying to get her to spill the beans about any new palettes Urban Decay is coming out with. She did mention a new palette that will be out for the Holidays but it won’t be named Book of Shadows. She also told me about an event Urban Decay is having at the ULTA in Homestead Saturday, October 6, 2012. This event will be from 11:00am to 5:00pm. Stay tuned…