The Fall weather is finally here in my area of the United States. I can always count on Pittsburgh Summers to be very hot and humid. It’s challenging to be cute in this type of weather. LOL! These are the beauty products I relied on to not look a hot mess during the Summer.
- Black Soap from Nature’s Shea Butter
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- BH Cosmetics Liquid Foundation – Deep Beige
- NYX Eyebrow Gel – Espresso
- NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer
- BH Cosmetics 24 Piece Synthetic Makeup Brush Set
- NYX Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner – Silky Cashmere
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner – Lionfish
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hand & Body Scrub
- Shea Terra Organics White Chocolate Whipped Shea Butter Ultimate Moisturizing Body Cream
The skin on my face when the humidity is low is typically combination/oily. I notice my skin is oilier during the Summer with all the humidity. The Black Soap from Nature’s Shea Butter cleansed my skin thoroughly and helped keep my complexion clear.
Speaking of skin, the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hand & Body Scrub made my skin soft and smooth.
I applied the Shea Terra Organics White Chocolate Whipped Shea Butter after I bathed. This shea butter wasn’t greasy either.
I received the deluxe sample of the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara from my August 2014 ipsy Bag. I instantly fell in love with this mascara. I didn’t necessarily need to wear eyeliner with this mascara. This was great for those mornings I was in a hurry.
I used NYX Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in Silky Cashmere on my waterline to brighten my eyes. This was also a time saver for me when I didn’t wear a lot of eye makeup. I paired this eyeliner with the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
The Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Lionfish was a nice alternative for me instead of using black eyeliner on my lower lash line. For some black eyeliner can be a bit harsh. This eyeliner also gave me a natural look.
I really love the NYX Eyebrow Gel in Espresso. It stood up to Pittsburgh humidity. This eyebrow gel lasted all day. A little goes a long way.
I was really surprised by the performance and coverage of the BH Cosmetics Liquid Foundation. I originally bought two shades for myself (Deep Beige and Deep Cocoa). I found myself reaching for the Deep Beige more since I thought it was a better match on me. The color is buildable. This foundation didn’t make my skin oily and it didn’t oxidize.
The NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Nutmeg has been my go to concealer. This concealer did a great job on covering my blemish scars and hyper-pigmentation without feeling heavy.
I got a lot of use out of my BH Cosmetics 24 Piece Synthetic Brush Set. This set has all the brushes I used for the on Wednesdays we wear pink series I did for the Summer. The brushes didn’t shed when I cleaned them either.
Posted in Beauty Reviews
Tagged beauty, BH cosmetics, black soap, concealer, eyeliner, makeup, makeup brushes, mascara, Nature's Shea Butter, NYX, shea butter, Shea Terra Organics, skincare, Stila, Urban Decay
The contents of my August ipsy Bag are:
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil
- Absolute Lip Balm – Green Apple
- Coastal Scents Forever Blush Duo
Coastal Scents Forever Blush Duo
Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil
In celebration of Mean Girls being released in movie theaters ten years ago (April 2004), I am doing series this Summer. On Wednesdays we wear pink is a line Karen Smith said in the movie. Let’s see how many pink looks I can create. 🙂
MAC Lipstick – Girl About Town
- Lorac Cococin Cream Compact Cream Foundation – CR8
- Lorac Oil-Free Wet/Dry Powder – WD5
- NARS Blush – Outlaw
- NYX Gel Liner & Smudger (eyebrows) – Brown
- theBalm Nude’tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette colors used – Stubborn, Sultry, Sexy, Sleek
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (upper lash line) – Stingray
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (lower lash line) – Lionfish
- Benefit they’re real! Mascara
Posted in Beauty Tutorials
Tagged beauty, Benefit, eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, Girl About Town, lipstick, Lorac, MAC, makeup, mascara, NARS, NYX, Stila, theBalm
The contents of my June Birchbox are:
- Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Anti- Wrinkle Defense Serum
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara
- Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo, Conditioner Ol All in one Milk
- Perlier Body Cream – Shea Almond
- Catherine Maladrino Fragrance
I stopped by Target recently. That seems to be the only store where I can find the CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation in my shade. By the way, my shade is Spicy Brown.
I ended up buying a few more things too.
I wanted to try the Flamed Out Shadow Pencils. I chose Gold Flame and Melted Caramel Flame. CoverGirl released a new eyeliner. I bought the Ink It By Perfect Point Plus All Day Eye Pencil in Black Ink.
(top to bottom) Gold Flame, Melted Caramel Flame, Black Ink
Wearing Melted Caramel and Gold Flame Shadow Pencils
Melted Caramel and Gold Flame Shadow Pencils with Black Ink All-Day Eye Pencil
It’s no secret my fondness of Maybelline’s mascaras. I’ve been curious about the Flamed Out Max Volume Mascara from CoverGirl. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this mascara. It made my lashes thicker and longer with no clumps.
Lashes after (one coat of mascara)
To stay on trend with the deep berry and wine lip colors for Fall, I chose Fine Wine lipstick from the Queen Collection.
Wearing Spicy Brown All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation
Posted in Beauty
Tagged affordable, All Day Flawless, beauty, Covergirl, Fine Wine, Flamed Out, Ink It, lipstick, makeup, mascara, Queen Collection, shadow pencil, Target
On my recent trip to Rite Aid this is what I purchased.
Since I’m already a fan of Maybelline’s mascaras, I wanted to try the Falsie ® Big Eyes ® Mascara. I purchased Blackest Black.
I only applied one coat of this mascara. I really like the brush for the bottom
I also saw the Fall 2013 makeup collection from Maybelline. I purchased only one lipstick and that shade was Midnight Plum. This color reminds me of Cyber from MAC and Talk That Talk from the RiRi Hearts MAC Collection. I really love Midnight Plum. I may have to pick up another lipstick in that shade.
I need to get back into doing my nails. I purchased the Kiss Nail Artist. I have enough nail polish. No more excuses. 😉
Posted in Beauty
Tagged beauty, Big Eyes, Kiss, lipstick, makeup, mascara, Maybelline, midnight plum, nail design, nail polish, Rite Aid
I have always been a fan of Maybelline’s mascaras. They are my favorite drug store brand. The first mascara I ever bought from Maybelline was Great Lash®. I’ve been really pleased with the Volum’ Express line of mascaras Maybelline offers. In the past I have used the Falsies™ and Mega Plush® mascaras.
With only one coat of the Rocket™ I noticed my lashes were fuller and thicker.BeforeAfter
Just a few things that caught my attention from Maybelline.
- Mastershape by Eye Studio Brow Pencil – Deep Brown
- Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow – Rich Mahogany (limited edition)
- Volum’ Express Mega Plush Mascara – Blackest Black