My oldest daughter Rae recently turned twenty-one years old. YAYYYY!!!!! Writing that sentence was the easy part. The hard part was helping her pick out a birthday outfit. Mid October can be a little tricky in Pittsburgh. Fall weather has started to make an appearance. There can still be some mild days too. The weather was definitely going to dictate the outfit Rae was going to wear. She decided to see what was already in her closet.
Rae bought this dress a couple of years ago from Charlotte Russe. She bought the shoes from Journeys back in 2011. She borrow the purse I bought from Charming Charlie.
Here is the makeup I used for her birthday look.
- Lorac Cococin Cream Compact Cream Foundation – CR8
- Lorac Oil-Free Wet/Dry Powder Makeup – WD5
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Brunette
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette
- Habit – applied to the lid and browbone
- Betrayal – applied to the lid
- Voodoo – applied to the outer third of the lid
- Rewind – applied to the crease
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (applied to the upper lash line) – Zero
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (applied to waterline and lower lash line) Binge
- Andrea False Lashes – #53
- BH Cosmetics Floral Blush Duo – Iris
- NYX Lip Liner Pencil – Currant
- NYX Butter Gloss – Raspberry Tart
Charming Charlie was having a sale (buy three get one free). This sale applied to everything in the store including clearance items.
This is what I bought.
I can add flair to so many looks with these scarves. I spent only $14.97. 🙂
My youngest daughter recently went to her first prom. Naomi didn’t want to spend a lot of money. She is only a sophomore in high school and this wasn’t her school’s prom.
I used mostly BH Cosmetics. The foundation I used was the BH Liquid Foundation in Mocha. I also used colors from the BH Malibu Eyeshadow & Blush Palette for this look.
Naomi curled her hair using the Bellezza Wand.
The dress and shoes Naomi wore is actually her sister’s. The jewelry I purchased was from Charming Charlie (the jewelry was on clearance too).
Not bad for her first prom. I taught her well. 😉
I discovered a new store during the Holiday shopping season. The store is called Charming Charlie. This store carries clothing and accessories. It was the sign in the window advertising a clearance sale that caught my interest. I was greeted by a sales associate who walked me over to a display that had purses on clearance. The purses were already marked down and the sale included 50% off of that price.
This is what I purchased.
The total came to $18.00 before the sales tax of 7% was applied. Not bad. 😉