I will admit I had very little involvement preparing Naomi for her senior prom. I was there when she picked out her prom shoes from Macy’s. I like the Betsy Johnson shoes for myself. 😉
Prom dress shopping came down to the wire for Naomi. She was extremely busy with the school musical. She found her dress from a specialty store called The Winner located in Sharon Pennsylvania (about an hour away from Pittsburgh).
Naomi purchased her jewelry from Claire’s.
I found a cute wristlet from Burlington Coat Factory.
Naomi’s hair is actually a wig she made. She purchased the hair from Alie Express in deep curl Malaysian.
The only thing I did with makeup was give her a purple smoky eye. Naomi did the rest of her face.
Homecoming for my youngest daughter Naomi was held Saturday, November 7, 2015. She is a high school senior now and it was amazing to see her style evolve for homecoming. I have watched her grow into a polished young lady. Naomi also used homecoming as a way to practice for her Senior Prom.
Naomi purchased her homecoming dress earlier this year from Goodwill. She didn’t believe in spending a lot of money on homecoming. The shoes and purse are her sister’s The necklace was given to her.
Naomi styled her own hair. She make clip-ins for extra fullness. Naomi has also gotten quite good at doing her makeup. The only thing I did was her eyeshadow.
I am so proud of her! 🙂
Buskins Leggings is a brand new company making their debut December 1st, 2014. Buskins leggings are SOFT, Durable and great quality. Made from Polyester and Spandex, you will never go anywhere else for leggings again. Buskins Leggings carries, Regular, Fleece and Fur lined Leggings and sizes include toddler to women. Buskins has a small collection of Plus Size Women’s patterns and are looking forward to expanding that line as well.
These leggings will be your friends and families new best friend! We have a 14 day money back guarantee and a 30 day exchange for all customers.
We do our best to ship orders within 2 business days. Packages are shipped via USPS priority mail if located inside the US. If located outside the US they will ship first class international. For faster international shipping customers can also select USPS priority shipping.
I had the pleasure of receiving a pair. The pair I received are the “50 Shades” leggings. They’re made of spandex but don’t have a spandex feel. They feel like cotton and are very soft. They are a little pricier than if you were to buy a pair of leggings from a clothing store. They have a huge variety and you get what you pay for which are quality leggins. If you’d like to order some contact Amelia Plunkett in Facebook or visit her website at http://www.myfunleggings.com
Scoats or stethoscope coats if you will are a fashion accessory to the scrubs that serves two purposes. Not only are they fashionable but they protect your investment by keeping the oils from your neck away from the scope, as well as to keep the tubing from cracking. It also protects it from sunlight if kept in the car as so many people do. It keeps it from drying out. They can also be used as an ice breaker to younger patients. They are machine washable. Different fabrics are used but mostly cotton blends. They are custom made so there are multiple colors and designs to choose from. If you don’t see what you’re looking for just ask and they’ll do their best to provide it for you.
My youngest daughter Naomi and her friends decided to wear Halloween costumes today. They are all way past the age of trick or treating too. LOL! Buying a Halloween costume is almost like buying an outfit you’re only going to wear one time.
This is what Naomi wore. She called herself the Magical Mad Hatter.
- The hat she is wearing is actually two hair accessories she borrowed from me. The bow tie is another hair accessory she borrowed.
- The necklace is mine along with the red shirt.
- The vest, black jeans, and boots are hers.
- The cape is a long cardigan of mine.
This is what her makeup consisted of:
- Naked Basics Palette
- Naked applied to the entire lid and brow bone.
- Faint applied to the crease
- Crave applied to the outer V
- Venue applied to the inner corner
- NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow in Silver used as a brow bone highlight
- Wet n Wild® Mega Liner® Liquid Eyeliner in Black applied to the upper lash line
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 8L applied to the water line
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eye in 21L applied to the lower lash line
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
- Ardell Accent Lashes #315
- NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Maroon
- NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red
- BH Liquid Foundation in Mocha
- Maybelline Fit Me™ Concealer in Café
- Clinique Blended Face Powder in Transparency 5
Posted in Fashion
Tagged Ardell, BH cosmetics, Clinique, fashion, hair accessories, Halloween, L'Oreal, Make Up For Ever, NYX, Urban Decay, Wet N' Wild
My oldest daughter Rae recently turned twenty-one years old. YAYYYY!!!!! Writing that sentence was the easy part. The hard part was helping her pick out a birthday outfit. Mid October can be a little tricky in Pittsburgh. Fall weather has started to make an appearance. There can still be some mild days too. The weather was definitely going to dictate the outfit Rae was going to wear. She decided to see what was already in her closet.
Rae bought this dress a couple of years ago from Charlotte Russe. She bought the shoes from Journeys back in 2011. She borrow the purse I bought from Charming Charlie.
Here is the makeup I used for her birthday look.
- Lorac Cococin Cream Compact Cream Foundation – CR8
- Lorac Oil-Free Wet/Dry Powder Makeup – WD5
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Brunette
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette
- Habit – applied to the lid and browbone
- Betrayal – applied to the lid
- Voodoo – applied to the outer third of the lid
- Rewind – applied to the crease
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (applied to the upper lash line) – Zero
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (applied to waterline and lower lash line) Binge
- Andrea False Lashes – #53
- BH Cosmetics Floral Blush Duo – Iris
- NYX Lip Liner Pencil – Currant
- NYX Butter Gloss – Raspberry Tart
Homecoming for my youngest daughter Naomi was held Saturday, October 11th. Her friend Haley asked me to do her makeup. I realized when I was almost done with Haley’s makeup I didn’t take a before picture. She brought her own foundation, powder and lip color.
- Maybelline Fit Me ®Foundation – 125 Nude Beige
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil
Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Naked – used on the lid
- Buck – used on the crease
- Virgin – as a brow bone highlight
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Zero used on the upper lash line
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Smog used on the lower lash line
- Ardell Lashes #109
BH Cosmetics Floral Blush Duo – Rose
NYX Simply Red Lip Cream – Russian Roulette
Naomi already had in mind how much money she wanted to spend on her homecoming outfit.
Her dress was $50.00 from Burlington Coat Factory. She wore my shoes. The purse she carried is her sister’s. I’m pretty sure the purse used to be mine at some point. LOL!
I kept her makeup soft. The lip color she is wearing is NYX Round Case Lipstick in Lala.
Naomi with her boyfriend Don.
He is a nice young man.
2014 marked the fifth year for Pittsburgh Fashion Week. The fashion action took place September 22-28, 2014. I recently attended the Macy’s Fashion Rocks fashion show that was held at the Macy’s in Downtown Pittsburgh. This fashion show displayed fashions you can wear for work that easily transitions for an evening out on the town. Guests also got a sneak preview of student designs from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. There were light refreshments from Savoy Restaurant in Pittsburgh.
A student designer showing her creation
There was also a local rock band to provide entertainment after the fashion show.
Charming Charlie was having a sale (buy three get one free). This sale applied to everything in the store including clearance items.
This is what I bought.
I can add flair to so many looks with these scarves. I spent only $14.97. 🙂
My youngest daughter recently went to her first prom. Naomi didn’t want to spend a lot of money. She is only a sophomore in high school and this wasn’t her school’s prom.
I used mostly BH Cosmetics. The foundation I used was the BH Liquid Foundation in Mocha. I also used colors from the BH Malibu Eyeshadow & Blush Palette for this look.
Naomi curled her hair using the Bellezza Wand.
The dress and shoes Naomi wore is actually her sister’s. The jewelry I purchased was from Charming Charlie (the jewelry was on clearance too).
Not bad for her first prom. I taught her well. 😉