The contents of my October Birchbox are:
- ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick – Kitty
- dr.brandt® pores no more® vacuum cleaner ™
- Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil – Black
- Harvey Prince Petaly Nior
- BeeKind ™ Body Lotion
Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil – Black
ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick – Kitty
The contents of my September Birchbox are:
- Davines OI Absolute Beautifying Conditioner
- Atelier Cologne Vanilla Insensee Fragrance
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit
- Acure Organics Day Cream
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry
- Davines OI Absolute Beautifying Potion
- Davines OI Absolute Beautifying Shampoo
Posted in Beauty
Tagged Acure, Atelier, beauty, beauty subcriptions, Birchbox, Davines, haircare, Liz Earle, makeup, Pixi, skincare
December brought a Holiday themed ipsy Bag and Birchbox.
The theme of the December ipsy Bag was Haute Holiday. The bag definitely lived up to that name. My bag consisted of:
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero – deluxe size
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Silver Pearl – full size
- Mai Couture Highlighter Papier – 25 sheets
- Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess – full size
- Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes – full size
- $20 Gift Card to JustFab – for new members
I loved everything about the December ipsy Bag. This bag contained everything you needed to look fabulous for the Holidays, whether it was an office party or a Holiday gathering with friends and family. The Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero is my all time favorite eyeliner. The NYX Loose Pearl eyeshadow in Silver Pearl was the first time I ever tried a loose eyeshadow from NYX. What a great introduction to this product. I will be buying more loose eyeshadows from NYX in the future. I didn’t know what to expect when I saw the Mai Couture Highlighter Papier. I’m glad I tried it. The highlighter papier gave me a nice luminous glow. The Be A Bombshell lipgloss ended up being a great color on me. I was a little apprehensive at first because it’s red. I never know how red is going to look next to my darker complexion. I can easily wear this color everyday. The Mirabella Face and Lip Primer gave my skin that extra layer of protection needed during the Winter time. It prepped my skin nicely for foundation.
The theme for December’s Birchbox was All Wrapped Up. My box consisted of:
- Benefit Cosmetics it’s potent! Eye Cream – deluxe sample
- Juicy Couture Fragrance – sample
- Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique – sample
- ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Striptease – full size
- Emily’s Chocolates Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Fortunes – one cookie
I was rather pleased with the December Birchbox. The Benefit eye cream had a nice rich texture to it. I received a sample of the original Juicy Couture fragrance. This scent is actually my favorite out of all of the fragrances Juicy Couture released. The Keratase leave-in conditioner made my hair soft and easy to comb. I liked the fact the ModelCo SHINE lip gloss came with a mirror. The Emily’s Chocolates fortune cookie was delicious. There were two items from the December Birchbox that stood out for me. The Benefit Cosmetics it’s potent Eye Cream did not disappoint as it minimized the fine lines around my eyes. The ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss worked great by itself or over lipstick. The fact I received a full size was a bonus.
I have definitely made up my mind as far as which beauty subscription service I am going to renew.
The theme for the November ipsy bag was Party Perfect.
My bag consisted of:
- Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire – full size
- theBalm® Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batal – single size
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil – deluxe sample
- Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Black – full size
- Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel – deluxe sample
- JustFab Gift Card – $20 value
With the exception of a couple of things, the November ipsy Bag was almost perfect. The JustFab gift card I couldn’t use since I wasn’t a new customer to JustFab. The next item was the Starlet Cosmetics Intense eyeliner. This eyeliner was okay and it lasted pretty good on my lower lash line. The black eyeliner didn’t seem that intense to me though. The next four items really stood out for me, starting with the Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire. This was my go to nail polish for the Holiday season. Next was theBalm® Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow in Matte Batali. This dark brown eyeshadow was very pigmented and easy to blend. I also liked the bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Dare Devil. The lipgloss was a great color on me. Last is the Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel. My eyebrows aren’t thick and they do their own thing. I applied the eyebrow gel before I filled in my eyebrows with a pencil and they stayed in place all day. The November ipsy Bag was a great way to kick off the Holiday Season.
The theme of the November Birchbox was Give.
My box consisted of:
- Masqueology Revitalizing Eye – sample
- MCMC Fragrances in Phoenix – sample
- Kiehl’s Crème de Corps – deluxe sample
- Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer – deluxe sample
- Masqueology Masque Cleanse – sample
- Masqueology 7 D Moisture Cream – sample
- Chromatic Gallerie $15 off coupon
The November Birchbox was okay with the exception of a couple of things. I didn’t like the MCMC fragrance. This fragrance wasn’t something I would normally gravitate towards. I received a $15 off coupon to Chromatic Gallerie. Even with the coupon the shoes were still more than what I would want to pay for shoes. I liked the samples from Masqueology. The revitalizing eye mask did a good job of reducing the fine lines and puffiness around my eyes. The masque cleanse gently cleaned without drying out my skin. The 7 D moisture cream moisturized nicely without being greasy. There were two items that stood out for me in the November Birchbox. First was Kiehl’s Crème de Corps. My skin is naturally dry during the cold weather months. The crème de corps eliminated the dryness I normally get on my knees, elbows, and hands. The next item that stood out was the shimmer liquid luminizer from Stila. A little goes a long way which I really liked.
June was the second month that I received a Myglam Bag and a Birchbox.
The theme of the June Myglam Bag was Out All Night. My bag consisted of:
- Philosophy take a deep breath oil-free energizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer- sample
- Full size NYX Round Lipstick in Iced Honey
- Living proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream – sample
- Full size Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen
I was really pleased with the June Myglam Bag overall. To receive two full size products is definitely worth the $10 a month for me. The Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen stood out for me the most. This eyeliner held up to hot and humid weather and lasted all day for me.
The theme of the June Birchbox was Jet Set. My box consisted of:
- Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume – sample
- Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask – one mask
- Melvita Rose Floral Water – deluxe sample
- theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen – sample
- Band-Aid brand Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band-Aids
I was pleasantly surprised to find five products in the Birchbox. I felt that was $10 well spent for June. The item that stood out for me the most was the Melvita Rose Floral Water. I really love the fragrance and it wasn’t overpowering